Services 2017-10-17T16:23:04+00:00

Permanent Residency

There are many ways of Immigrating to Canada and becoming a permanent resident. Talk to Canada Global Immigration to see if we can assist you with your personal situation.


Express Entry

Express Entry is a three stage process whereby interested applicants first submit an EE form online. CIC then assesses these potential applicants against specific eligibility criteria. Potential applicants who are deemed to have met the eligibility criteria are entered into a pool of candidates. Candidates whose profiles and attributes align with the identified needs of the government, as well as, of certain Canadian employers, will be issued an “invitation to apply” (ITA). Only those candidates who receive invitations can then proceed to apply for permanent residence.

Candidates are required to complete an online EE profile outlining age, education, language skills, work experience and other criteria that will help in assessing eligibility.


Canadian Experience Class

This program allows international students and temporary foreign workers who have one year of work in Canada under NOC Codes O, A or B to apply to become Permanent Residents of Canada. You must apply in the Express Entry (EE) protocol. The Canadian Experience Class benefits any temporary Foreign Worker in Canada now, or international student who has studied here and worked in Canada for one year after graduating.


Federal Skilled Trades Program

  1. have an offer of employment in Canada or a certificate of qualification from a province or territory to ensure that the applicant is “job ready” upon arrival;
  2. meet a basic language requirement;
  3. have a minimum of two years of work experience as a skilled tradesperson
  4. have the skills and experience that match those set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC B) system,

Federal skilled workers:

  1. achieve Canadian Language Benchmark 7 on an official language test,
  2. include either a completed Canadian educational credential or a completed foreign educational credential with an Educational Credential Assessment from an approved organization,
  3. have at least one year of continuous full-time (or an equal amount in continuous part-time) paid work experience within the last ten years in the primary occupation you state in your application,
  4. obtain a pass mark on the selection grid (language, education, work experience, arranged employment and adaptability) of at least 67 points, and
  5. have enough money to support you and your family in Canada

Family Class Sponsorship

A Canadian citizen/permanent resident can sponsor his/her parents, grandparents, spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, or dependant child to immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident.

Sponsors must be 18 years of age or older, have no outstanding sponsorship undertakings, immigration debts, court order debts and certain criminal issues, be in prison or be bankrupt. Sponsoring also requires that sponsors promise to support family members financially.

Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications

These applications are reviewed under Section 25 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). Applicants must show that they would experience unusual and undeserved or disproportionate hardship if they were required to leave Canada.

The IRPA also cites a statutory obligation to take into consideration the best interests of the child when examining and deciding the circumstances of a person making a request under section 25(1) of the IRPA.

Refugee Claims

A refugee is someone who is outside their home country and has a well-founded fear of being persecuted for one of the Refugee Convention grounds: race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. Canada will help individuals who are in danger of torture or cruel treatment, or whose lives are at risk by offering asylum to those with legitimate claims.

Temporary Residence

Do you need help obtaining temporary residence? Are you an employer looking for assistance in bringing a temporary foreign worker to Canada to alleviate a skill shortage? Canada Global Immigration can assist you in understanding the rules so that a temporary resident visa will be issued.

Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)

Generally Employers are required to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) before they can hire foreign workers. There are some exceptions to this rule under NAFTA or the GATS. Employers must prove that there is no Canadian or permanent resident worker available to perform the job in question.

Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) is responsible for LMIA’s. There is an application fee of $1,000 for each temporary foreign worker position applied for.

Work Permits

Work permits are usually required for foreign workers who wish to enter Canada to work on a temporary basis. Applicants must submit proof that they hold the necessary qualifications and experience for the work they intend to do in Canada. The employment offer must be valid.

Caregiver Program

The Caregiver Program will no longer require that caregivers live-in with their employers. A live-in arrangement is still possible if the employer and caregiver both agree to this arrangement.

Pathways to Permanent Residence

1. Caring for Children Pathway

  1. two years of full-time work experience in Canada as a home child care provider within the past four years;
  2. a minimum language requirement of “initial intermediate” by meeting Canadian Language Benchmark 5 in a designated third-party language test; and
  3. a Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least one year, or an equivalent foreign credential supported by an Educational Credential Assessment.

2. Caring for People with High Medical Needs Pathway

  1. two years of full-time work experience in Canada providing in-home care or care in a health facility to the elderly or persons with disabilities or chronic disease as (i.e. a registered nurse, a registered psychiatric nurse, a licensed practical nurse, a nurse aide, a patient service associate or a home support worker);
  2. demonstrating that they are licensed to practice in Canada, if applicable;
  3. a minimum language requirement of “intermediate” by meeting Canadian Language Benchmark 7 in a designated third-party language test, if applying as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse;
  4. a minimum language requirement of “initial intermediate” by meeting Canadian Language Benchmark 5 in a designated third-party language test, if applying in any other qualifying occupation; and
  5. a Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least one year, or an equivalent foreign credential supported by an Educational Credential Assessment.

Study Permits

For eligibility to study in Canada, the first step is to apply and be accepted into a Canadian school, including college or university. .

You must be able to financially support yourself during your studies, as well as have enough money to pay all your education fees. CIC will want to see that you have sufficient ties in your home country and that you will return home once you have completed your studies.

Certain institutions and lengths of programs will qualify you for off-campus and post-graduate work permits. If you are hoping to work during or after your studies, it is important to determine ahead of time whether your chosen school or program of study qualifies.

Visitor Visa

You may or may not require a temporary resident visa depending on your citizenship.

Foreign nationals who do require visas must first make applications to a Canadian visa office before they travel to Canada:

  1. have a valid travel document, such as a passport.
  2. satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties to your country of origin, such as a job, home and family, which will compel you to return.
  3. satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit.
  4. have sufficient funds for your stay; you may also need a letter of invitation from a relative or friend who lives in Canada.

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

Parent & Grandparent Super Visas allow eligible parents and grandparents to apply and visit their family in Canada for up to two years without having to renew status. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (“CIC”) under this program may issue a multiple-entry visa valid for up to 10 years to eligible applicants to facilitate travel between the home country and Canada.

If you want have your parent or grandparent stay in Canada permanently, you will need to submit an application for permanent residence.

Appeals and Admissibility Issues

Having a spousal sponsorship or family class application refused can be devastating. Being detained or in violation of an Immigration regulation is serious and can have long term repercussions. Dealing with medical or criminal admissibility issues requires strong knowledgeable counsel.

A foreign national may be inadmissible for a number of reasons. There are often ways to address admissibility issues and overturn negative decisions. Canada Global Immigration will review you situation and determine the most effective way of addressing the admissibility issue or refusal.

An initial consultation will determine what the next steps should be. It is important to remember that there is often a deadline with immigration matters so it is vital that you seek advice quickly.